High street collaborations have become the norm in the past few years, but the latest retailer to announce its
plans to collaborate comes as a bit of a surprise. River Island have teamed up with Adidas (the official sportswear partner of the Olympics) to create a Team GB collection. It will feature sportswear for men and women in all patriotic red, white and blue colours; cropped vests with metallic prints; hoodies with Union Jack motifs; and body-con dresses with lion detailing. The collection will land in stores and on the high-street chain's website on May 20. Prices start at £16 for vests.
I would never have expected these two brands to collaborate and personally do not like what I am hearing. The two stand for completely different values, whilst Adidas promises performance and athleticism, River Island is more of your go to gal for a cheap night out! Which I think may come across in the collection, but I guess I will have to wait the 20th to see what it actually consists of.
plans to collaborate comes as a bit of a surprise. River Island have teamed up with Adidas (the official sportswear partner of the Olympics) to create a Team GB collection. It will feature sportswear for men and women in all patriotic red, white and blue colours; cropped vests with metallic prints; hoodies with Union Jack motifs; and body-con dresses with lion detailing. The collection will land in stores and on the high-street chain's website on May 20. Prices start at £16 for vests.
I would never have expected these two brands to collaborate and personally do not like what I am hearing. The two stand for completely different values, whilst Adidas promises performance and athleticism, River Island is more of your go to gal for a cheap night out! Which I think may come across in the collection, but I guess I will have to wait the 20th to see what it actually consists of.

No comments:
Post a Comment